I’m a fan of Amazon Prime. July 15, 2015, I may be even more of a fan because they are having a Black Friday type sale for prime members. The best part is that you can have a 30 day free trial to try it out. So you can basically be part of this sale for free. In this episode I’ll tell you why I am such a fan and give you some reasons to at least take advantage of the 30 day free trial.
For those of you living in a cave somewhere, Amazon is one of the worlds largest on line marketplace. In the old days if you needed something exotic or out of the way, you would look at the Sears catalog. Think of it as an on line Sears catalog. Millions of items: parts, electronics, clothes, food, sporting goods to name a few are a few clicks away at low prices and ready to be delivered, in some cases, the same day. In fact, if I am purchasing practically anything, I check with Amazon to see if I can get it cheaper or faster. Prime is Amazon’s subscription service. It is most famous for providing 2 day shipping upgrades on many products for free. In fact, that is the reason I joined. Christmas was coming and I needed gifts, FAST! So I joined just for 30 days of course, but by the end I was hooked.
For $99 a year, you get, in addition to the free 2 day shipping, same day delivery on many items in some markets with purchases over $35. And I can say it really does arrive the same day!
- Unlimited, ad-free access to over a million songs, streaming, stations, collections. This also includes unlimited skips for songs you don’t want to listen to. Amazon will also store up to 250 songs purchased outside the Amazon music store for instant streaming or 250000 songs for 24.95 extra per year
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video
- using Amazon Fire stick and or Fire TV you have direct streaming to your TV or watch them on your mobile device or computer. The selection is huge and quite good.
- Free unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive. That’s right, unlimited. If your file size is 2gb or less you can upload most file formats and videos under 20 minutes in length to store for free.
- 5 Gb of storage in Amazon Cloud Drive – any other file type besides your photos
- Read free books each month through Kindle First and the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library – You can borrow one book a month from Amazon from a very large lending library. Note, this does not work with the Kindle App on the computer or on an iPad. You must borrow the book using an actual Kindle device
If you are a student you can get all of these services for half price.
I think it is one of the best technology cloud service values out there right now, especially if you use Amazon for shopping. Use the link below to check it out for yourself and leave a comment below!